This term we will be looking at:
- Fractions – mixed and improper, number sequences, adding and subtracting fractions.
- Decimals – Multiply one digit numbers with up to 2dp by whole numbers.
- Percentages – Recognise the percent symbol (%) and understand that percent relates to ‘number of parts per hundred’
- Ratio and Proportion/ Decimals – Solve problems involving the relative sizes of two quantities where missing values can be found by using integer multiplication and division facts.
- Mathletics – uk.mathletics.com
If your child is unaware of their login details ask them to see their class teacher please.
We are currently studying Shaun Tan’s ‘The Arrival’
The Arrival is a migrant story told as a series of wordless images that might seem to come from a long forgotten time. A man leaves his wife and child in an impoverished town, seeking better prospects in an unknown country on the other side of a vast ocean. He eventually finds himself in a bewildering city of foreign customs, peculiar animals, curious floating objects and indecipherable languages. With nothing more than a suitcase and a handful of currency, the immigrant must find a place to live, food to eat and some kind of gainful employment. He is helped along the way by sympathetic strangers, each carrying their own unspoken history: stories of struggle and survival in a world of incomprehensible violence, upheaval and hope.
Our Class reading for pleasure text is: The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd
When Ted and Kat watched their cousin Salim get on board the London Eye, he turned and waved before getting on. After half an hour it landed and everyone trooped off – but no Salim. Where could he have gone?
History and Geography
- Understand latitude, longitude, Equator, hemispheres, tropics, polar circles & time zones
- Locating counties/regions/cities of the UK.
- Study features of the UK – rivers, mountains and seas.
- Understand biomes, vegetation belts, land use, economic activity, and distribution of resources.
- Different biomes of the globe.
- Study of the local area.
This will be taught by our Head teacher Mrs Davies. It will begin with a focus on Hinduism.